Strut Support System
- Designed to support metal struts for installation of HVACequipment and pipelines
- Each KnuckleHead is able to support up to 600 lbs.
- Molded from GREEN LINK glass-reinforced nylon resin, which has metal-like properties
- Matte-finish nylon allows bonding with adhesive
- The Universal Base can be loose laid or attached using adhesive and/or screws to meet seismic and wind uplift conditions
- Strong, tough, weatherproof, UV stable, impervious to freeze-thaw cycles
- Height is adjustable by rotating head — total height ranges from 3.2” – 5” depending on strut size
Important points about The KnuckleHead Support System
KnuckleHead installations have been performing in the fieldfor more than 15 years with continual exposure to high temperatures, freeze-thaw cycles, UV exposure and stress, and they have shown no signs of deterioration.
KnuckleHeads prevent damage to the membrane caused by ponding water, wind, ice, flying debris or seismic events and protect the integrity of roof-mounted structures and equipment. GREEN LINK can custom cut metal strut, or design and manufacture special support elements such as this custom-molded base pad for a corrugated metal roof.
They are engineered with a Universal Base that can accomodate a range of head designs depending on the particular support application needed.
The Universal Base is designed with two holes at its center for accepting mechanical fasteners. Before penetrating the roof membrane, the contractor should consult with the manufacturer to ensure that the warranty is not voided.
Molded from tough, weatherproof polyurethane and tinted safety yellow, slip-resistant KnucklePads can be placed under the KnuckleHead base to reduce movement and protect the roof membrane.
KnuckleHeads can be loose laid or attached directly to the roof either mechanically and/or with GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant.
GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant can be used by itself to form a bond of up to 275 psi shear strength. This prevents movement of the supports caused by equipment vibration, high winds or seismic events.
GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant is environmentally safe and presents no toxic risk to contractors or building occupants. It is solvent-free, isocyanate-free, non-flammable and odorless.
A 10-year warranty is available. Please contact GREEN LINK for details.