Lite Pipe Support System
- Lite Pipe KnuckleHead supports a single 1.315-inch outside diameter pipe or two 0.840-inch outside diameter pipes
- Height is adjustable by rotating head-total height ranges from 2” to 3.2”
- Each KnuckleHead is able to support up to 600 lbs.
- Molded from GREEN LINK glass-reinforced nylon resin, which has metal-like properties
- Strong, tough, weatherproof, impervious to freeze-thaw cycles
- Matte-finish nylon allows bonding with adhesive
- Base designed for adhesive attachment or mechanical fastening for seismic/wind uplift specification
- The Universal Base can be loose laid or attached using adhesive and/or screws to meet seismic and wind uplift conditions
- Tough polyurethane KnuckleCaps keep pipes secure where high winds or seismic events occur
- KnucklePads protect the roof membrane and reduce movement resulting from equipment vibration and wind
Important points about The KnuckleHead Support System
KnuckleHeads prevent damage to the membrane caused by ponding water, wind, ice, flying debris or seismic events and protect the integrity of roof-mounted structures and equipment. GREEN LINK can custom cut metal strut, or design and manufacture special support elements such as a custom-molded base pad for a corrugated metal roof.
They are engineered with a Universal Base that can accommodate a range of head designs depending on the particular support application needed.
KnuckleHeads can be loose laid or attached directly to the roof either mechanically and/or with GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant.
The Universal Base is designed with two holes at its center for accepting mechanical fasteners. Before penetrating the roof membrane, the contractor should consult with the manufacturer to ensure that the warranty is not voided.
Securing the Installation: The KnuckleHead Lite Pipe Support comes with a custom-engineered KnuckleCap. Molded from tough, weatherproof urethane and
tinted safety yellow, the cap is screwed onto the head to ensure the pipe is secure even in harsh conditions such as high winds and seismic events. An optional slip-resistant KnucklePad can be added to the base to reduce movement and protect the roof membrane
GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant can be used by itself to form a bond of up to 275 psi shear strength. This prevents movement of the supports caused by equipment vibration, high winds or seismic events.
KnuckleHead installations have been performing in the field for more than 15 years with continual exposure to high temperatures, freeze-thaw cycles, UV exposure and stress, and they have shown no signs of deterioration.
GREEN LINK Adhesive/Sealant is environmentally safe and presents no toxic risk to contractors or building occupants. It is solvent-free, isocyanate-free, non-flammable and odorless.
A 10-year warranty is available. Please contact GREEN LINK for details.