Adhesive / Sealant
Adhesive / Sealant
is a moisture-curing, polyether, elastomeric joint sealant designed for application in damp, dry, or cold climates. Curing occurs in wet or dry climate conditions and at temperatures as low as 32° F (0° C).
is solvent-free and contains no isocyanates. It will not shrink upon curing, will not discolor when exposed to UV light, and will not “outgas” or bubble on damp surfaces.
has excellent adhesion to most construction materials and resilient elastomeric properties. It is formulated to bond to substrates such as PVC, Kynar®-coated metal, concrete, block, brick, stone, masonry, aluminum, galvanized metal, wood, glass, fiberglass FRP or EPS foam.
is available in gray.
GREEN LINK ADHESIVE/SEALANT is supplied in 10.1-ounce cartridges and can be ordered individually or in cases of 12 or 24. One cartridge will cover approximately 18 to 20 linear feet with a 3/8-inch (9.53-mm) bead.
Storage and Handling
GREEN LINK ADHESIVE/SEALANT has a 12-month shelf life from the date of manufacture when stored at 70° F (21° C) and 50% relative humidity. Store original, unopened containers in a cool, dry area. Protect unopened containers from water, heat and direct sunlight. High temperature and high relative humidity may significantly reduce shelf life.
This product conforms to the following requirements and standards:
- ASTM C920, type S, grade NS, class 25, uses NT, T2, M, G, A & O
- Federal specification TT-S-00230-C type II, Class B
- Corps of Engineers CRD-C-541, type II, class B
- Canadian Standards Board CAN 19, 13-M82
- AAMA 802.3-08 type II, AAMA 803.3-08 type I, and AAMA 805.2-08 group C
- Conforms to OTC rule for sealants
- Meets requirements of California regulations: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- Does not contain cancer-causing chemicals listed in California Proposition 65
- Conforms to USDA requirements for non-food contact
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations
- Low-Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines
- VOC content: Less than 15 grams per liter ASTM D2369 EPA method 24 (tested at 240°F / 115°C)
GREEN LINK Adehesive/Sealant
Remove all dirt, oil, loose paint, frost, and other contamination from all working surfaces. Do not use petroleum solvents such as mineral spirits or xylene. Horizontal applications may require tooling.
Store sealant between 60° F - 80° F (16° C - 27° C) prior to installation for easy gunning and tooling. Sealant may be applied below freezing temperatures.
Apply using a standard caulking gun. Do not open the cartridge until you are ready to apply the sealant.
Apply the sealant using consistent, positive pressure to force sealant into the joint, creating a bead approximately 3/8 inch (9.53 mm) in diameter.
If tooling is needed, do so within 15 minutes of application. Tool the sealant to create a concave joint shape to shed water and ensure maximum adhesion and coverage.
Sealant will skin over within 30 minutes of application. The time may vary depending on humidity and temperature at the time of application.
Sealant is paintable (latex and/or acrylic-based paints) after 24 hours.
Wet sealant should be cleaned by wiping with a clean, dry cloth.
If any sealant remains, then a rag dampened with denatured alcohol, or mineral spirits can be used to remove the remaining residue.
Keep away from children.
Wear proper personal protective equipment, such as gloves and eye protection, per the SDS.
Click image of chart to enlarge